Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Wednesday 2 April 2014

The other houses

Today has been a day of drawing, trying to get all of the houses and other scenery finished.
Firstly I did the gingerbread house and the 7 dwarves cottage, each from 2 angles and with cross-sections (the cross-sections aren't pictured here):


I also did a few small illustrations of lamp posts, bridges and wishing wells that will be scattered around the scene:


I also illustrated the palace today, one large detailed image with part of the building as a cross-section (for the last scene of the book where all the characters come together for a ball), and one much smaller simplified version that will be on the mountain tops in the background of the main images.
These illustrations are a bit large for my scanner so I'll be photographing them tomorrow before my assessment.
Depending on what advice I am given in the assessment tomorrow I will probably be starting to illustrate all of the characters on friday and carrying on with that over the weekend. If this all goes to plan then I am now 2 days ahead of the little plan I made myself earlier in the week, which is looking good for helping me get everything done in time.