Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Saturday 5 April 2014

The characters

Now that all the scenery is pretty much completed (I'll have a few more things to add in once I start putting everything together), its time to start drawing the characters.
This is going to be a pretty long part of the project, as I have quite a lot of characters in my book, and there are 12 images of each one. 

I made a start on this yesterday and so far I've completed the illustrations of Hansel & Gretel, Red Riding Hood, the Wolf, the Witch and the Woodsman (although a few of them need a bit of tweaking in photoshop).
Despite how long they're taking me, I am quite pleased with how they're looking, particularly the illustration of Hansel & Gretel riding on the Swan's back, and its great to finally start to see the stories coming to life.





I'm expecting this part of the project to take me a week to complete, so I'll be working on this between now and next weekend, with the aim of getting it all done by Saturday so that the following week I can start putting everything together.