Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Page 12

Yesterday I finished colouring page 12 of the book.

I started off with the characters, referring back to page 1 to ensure I kept the colours of the costumes consistent. For both pages so far I've immediately preferred them once some colour is added and the characters start to stand out:


 Next I coloured in the rest of the image; the scenery, the palace etc. I picked out 5 colours form my palette (I'm using 20 in total across all of the image) to use for the palace, making sure they contrasted with the foliage in the background.


Finally, as with page 1, I made the lines brown instead of black and added some textures in some of the trees:


This page was the most enjoyable to draw the elements for as I really like all of the characters dancing, and these two little snippets of this image are some of my favourites: 


 I also completed the slightly different version of this illustration to use as my contribution to the catalog: