Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Monday 28 April 2014

Screenshots

I'm now back to working after a week off for Easter, and I'm getting straight on with creating the final coloured version of page one, before I move on to the other 11 pages.
Following my tutorial with Jonny I have decided to stick to the one coloured line, which will be dark brown, blue etc. depending on the season on each page. I'll also be adding textures into the image once it is coloured, applying the paint and ink textures that I created a couple of weeks ago to some of the emptier areas of the image.

These are a couple of screenshots of the progress I have made so far:
The line is currently solid black, but I will be adjusting that once the image is completely coloured, and I may also adjust the colours slightly once I see how it all looks together. Its Aumtumn in fairytale land on page one so the colours in the foliage are predominantly orange and yellow.




I'll be spending the rest of today getting this image finalised and deciding on the exact colours I will be using, and then starting to put together the other pages.