Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Friday 18 April 2014

CV Writing

Something I have needed to do for a few weeks now is work on my Creative CV (as well as being something I'll need after uni, its also a part of the course and needs to be handed in along with this presentation document).

I started off by having a browse around Pinterest looking at some examples of creative CV designs.
The 4 examples below are some of the ones I liked the look of, all of which have quite clean and simple designs and limited colour. They also all use small illustrations or logos to describe the person's interests, contact details etc.



After looking at these examples I made a few sketches of some possible layouts and started drawing out some logos/motifs to use in my design.





This is what I have so far, but I still need to add in some of the little motifs (for the contact details and as bullet points for Work Experience/ Education) and move a few things round a little bit:


I went with a design that is reasonably similar to the layout of my website, with boxes with rounded corners and a very limited colour palette of white and pale brown. I may add in a pop of turquoise with the logos but I'll see how it looks in the brown too as I quite like the simplicity of this.
I also used the same font as on my website (Quicksand) however I'm not keen on the bold version of the font, so I may make some changes there too.

I'm now taking a week off to visit family for Easter and also sell some of my work at a Craft Fair over the weekend, so I'll be posting again in just over a week's time once I've done a bit more work.