Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Colouring


All of the above images have been coloured using the same 6 colour palette (I've also been working on my self promo piece and want all the images to work well together) but these aren't necessarily the colours I will be using for the rest of the project, just an early experiment.
I've been pulling some colour palettes from some images I like on Pinterest, and experimenting with using them on the characters. To start off with I've been using an illustration of Snow White from earlier in the project, and these are some of the results:


At the moment I quite like the two versions on the left, but this is only for one character. I think later in the project once I am starting to put larger scenes together I'll be able to get a better idea of what colour palettes will work best, although I'm pretty certain I'll be sticking to a maximum of 6 colours to avoid over-complicating the images.

Today I'm finishing off the self promotion work before heading to the New Forest tomorrow to make a start on illustrating some of the scenery.