Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Thursday 20 February 2014

On my desk


This morning I took a few photos of my desk to show how things are looking. I scanned in and printed off a bit of my work to put up on the walls to give me a little more inspiration when I am working. Over on the far left is the planner I made to help me on top of everything thats going on during these few months. On my desk is my big sketchbook where I'm illustrating some of the animals, and the little book I took to the zoo which is full of some quick sketches I'm using as reference images. I have my laptop out to look for more references, and my mac is playing Once Upon a Time whilst I work (keeping me in the "fairytale mindset").  I'm hoping to get some more work up on the walls over the next few days as its really quite helpful to keep up motivation.