Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Continued Research

Today I've spent a little while looking at the plots of all the fairytales, and breaking them down into 8-point plots. This will give me an idea of which characters and other elements I need to illustrate so that I can move on to decide which animals to use for which characters. I've also made a few notes on ways that the stories could overlap with each other if I later come to combine them all together. These are just ideas at the moment and I won't be taking them any further for now, but I wanted to be sure to keep a note of them for later reference.


Now that I know which characters I'm using I am going to continue researching the symbolism of various animals in order to assign them to the characters and begin illustrating them.